- Brief Overview: PRADHAN MANTRI AWAAS YOJANA-GRAMIN: Aim and objective:- In view of Government’s commitment to provide “Housing for All” by 2022, the scheme of lAY had been re-structured into Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana -Gramin(PMAY-G) ‘ w.e.f 1st April, 2016. PMAY-G aims to provide pucca houses with basic amenities to all houseless households and households living in kutcha houses by 2022. The immediate objective is to cover 1.00 Crore households living in kutcha houses in three years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 and ensure , construction of quality houses, using local materials, designs and masons, specially trained in quality workmanship. For houses to become homes, adequate care for adopting a habitat approach through convergence is proposed. The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India had launched PMAY-G on 20th November, 2016 at Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
Some of key feature of PMAY-G: The minimum unit (house) size enhanced from the existing 20 sq.mt. to 25 sq.mt including ·a dedicated area for hygienic cooking.
Enhancement of the unit assistance from Rs. 70,000 to Rs.1.20 lakhs in the plain areas and from Rs. 75000 to Rs. 1.3 lakhs in hill States, difficult areas and lAP districts. The cost of unit (house) assistance is to be shared between Central and State Government in the ratio 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 for north-eastern and hilly States. Provision of toilets at Rs. 12000/- and 90/95 days of unskilled wage labour under MGNREGA over and – above the unit cost. Identification of beneficiaries using SECC-2011 data. The identification and selection of ‘the beneficiaries shall be done by the community through the Gram Sabha, from the SECC 2011 list, based on the housing deficiency and other social deprivation parameters. Special projects to be sanctioned to States based on situational exigencies and special needs.
Use of effective convergence for provision of electricity, piped drinking water facility, rain water harvesting, LPG gas connection under UJJWAL Scheme, solar initiatives, backyard fruit plants, poultry,. goatery, dairy shed, solid and liquid waste management etc. All payment through DBT to beneficiary’s Banks/Post office accounts registered in AwaasSoft MIS. Specially designed mason trainings on site to improve quality of homes and enhance skills of participants. Creation of housing designs based on local typologies incorporating local materials, traditional knowledge and aesthetics. It Saturation approach in housing provision using Gram Panchayat, Block or District as unit, wherever possible, etc.
PMAY-G in the State:
For launching PMAY-G in the State, the State Department has taken up several steps for effective implementation of the scheme. During the financial year 2016-17, the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) had approved for construction of 9740 units (houses) and released an amount of Rs. 5337.435 lakhs by the Ministry as central Share (CS).
- Guidelines: PDF to be uploaded for each plan and program. http://iay.nic.in/netiay/Uploaded/PMAYGRegistrationManual_updated.pdf
- Monthly Progress Report: Under Construction
- Office Memorandum: Under Construction
- Orders: Under Construction
- Rules: Under Construction
- Acts: Under Construction
- Sanction Orders: Under Construction
- Annual Reports: Under Construction
MIS Link: Under Construction