- Brief Overview: Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) is a scheme which leverages the leadership, capacity, commitment and energy of the Members of Parliament to develop model Gram Panchayats and realize Mahatma Gandhi’s vision of building the Nation from the village level. Under this scheme, each Hon’ble MP is to develop one model village in his constituency by the year 2016, and two more by 2019.
Thereafter, 5 such Adarsh Grams (one per year) will be selected and developed by 2024.SAGY relies on a participatory approach and stands for community engagement and mobilization to bring about development in the village.
The goals of SAGY have been chalked out in the Guidelines as:
- Adopting people’s participation as an end in itself – ensuring the involvement of all sections of society in all aspects related to the life of village, especially in decision-making related to governance.
- Adhering to Antyodaya – enabling the “poorest and the weakest person” in the village to achieve well-being.
- Affirming gender equality and ensuring respect for women.
- Guaranteeing social justice.
- Instilling dignity of labour and the spirit of community service and voluntarism.
- Promoting a culture of cleanliness.
- Living in consonance with nature -ensuring a balance between development and ecology.
- Preserving and promoting local cultural heritage.
- Inculcating mutual cooperation, self-help and self-reliance.
- Fostering peace and harmony in the village community.
- Bringing about transparency, accountability and probity in public life.
Nurturing local self-governance
SAGY relies on funding through MPLADS and convergence with other government programmes like PMGSY, MGNREGA, AJEEVAKA, Rural water Supply, and cooperation from the line departments, along with private and voluntary initiatives to achieve comprehensive development in tune with people’s aspirations and local potential.
In Phase I of SAGY, launched in Manipur in 2014, the following villages were selected by the Hon’ble MPs-
- Ngairangbam (Imphal West)- Shri T. Meinya,Hon’ble MP(LS)
- Hayel Hangoon (Thoubal) – (L) Shri Abdul Sa lam, Hon’ble MP(RS)
- Kangvai (Churachandpur)- Shri Thangso Baite , Hon’ble MP(LS)
The Ngairangbam Gram Panchayat prepared a Village Development Plan with 53 projects. By the concerted team efforts led by the Member of Parliament and District Collector, 42% of the work is completed or in progress. Hayel Hangoon Gram Panchayat prepared Village Development Plan with 52 projects of which so far, 19 of the projects have been completed and 26 are in progress. The Kangvai Gram Panchayat prepared Village Development Plan with 58 projects of which 50% of the projects have been completed or are in progress.
- Guidelines: PDF to be uploaded for each plan and program. http://pib.nic.in/archieve/others/2014/oct/d2014101101.pdf
- Monthly Progress Report: Under Construction
- Office Memorandum: Under Construction
- Orders: Under Construction
- Rules: Under Construction
- Acts: Under Construction
- Sanction Orders: Under Construction
- Annual Reports: Under Construction
- MIS Link: Under Construction